Dell EMC hosted the biggest ever Dell EMC Forum in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The event was held at the Four Seasons hotel in Riyadh. With over 2000 senior business and IT leaders in attendance at the event, Dell EMC showcased the unparalleled solutions portfolio and united capabilities of the newly combined company to help enterprises across the Kingdom accelerate business and national transformation initiatives.
At the event, Dell EMC revealed the findings of a study that outlines heightened business support for changes in ICT strategies and investments in light of the recent announcement of Saudi Vision 2030. The important findings of the study are as follows:
- 93% of businesses believe demands from Saudi Vision 2030 will necessitate the need to rethink ICT strategy and investments
- 46% of businesses believe Saudi Vision 2030 will likely lead to demands for new business models and services.
- 53% of businesses believe ICT infrastructure needs the highest investment to achieve organization vision for 2030
- Business Leaders report a unanimous need to invest in core talent and skillsets to implement ICT vision for 2030
Business leaders also cited top areas in need of investment to advance the business and ICT vision for 2030 are Infrastructure (53%), Applications (32%) and User Enablement (15%).
The study also revealed a significant interest from business leaders to invest in core ICT related skill sets to help the organization sustain competitive differentiation:
- 43% of businesses said technical engineers would be crucial to their own ICT vision for 2030
- 32% of businesses reported that subject matter experts would be crucial to implementing their ICT vision for 2030
- 25% of businesses said solution architects would be the need of the hour as they progress in their journey towards 2030.
Keeping in mind the findings, Dell EMC Forum 2016 showcased the company’s complete set of capabilities to help customers in Saudi Arabia thrive in rapidly evolving digital economy. The event featured keynotes and breakout sessions designed to help enterprises resolve pressing business challenges through the adoption of technologies like cloud, converged infrastructure, security, and mobility in the public, financial services, energy, education, and SME sectors.