Reporting from Taipei, Taiwan: As COMPUTEX 2018 kicked off a couple of days ago, the high-profile COMPUTEX d&i awards also announced the winners of Gold Awards and Specialty Awards at the opening ceremony of COMPUTEX 2018. Awards were presented by Taiwan Vice President Chen Chien-jen who recognized their outstanding achievements. In addition, there were 60 winning products chosen from a total of 212 entries from ten different countries this year.
The COMPUTEX 2018 d&i awards – Gold Award winners:
- ORII: with bone conduction and voice assistant technologies, this wearable communication device designed by Hong Kong startup Origami Labs can make phone calls, send or read text messages, and activate voice search capabilities.
- IdeaCentre AIO 730S: this all-in-one desktop PC from Lenovo features borderless display and an advanced in-cell touch panel. An IR camera allows for facial recognition and faster long-in.
- Acer Chromebook 11 (C732L/C732LT): this 4G LTE Chromebook for education customers from Acer can address the issue of weak Wi-Fi coverage at schools by allowing students to access data and apps in the cloud.
The COMPUTEX 2018 d&i awards – Specialty Award winners:
- IBM BAM: with IBM’s Bluemix Availability Monitoring, developers can easily understand the status and performance of their apps, ensuring apps’ usability and satisfying users’ needs.
- Charms lines Switch S2: this smart switch developed by Shenzhen Xiaoqi Intelligent Technology supports remote control and scenario control. Its RGB LED light stripes adopt a precise optical structure to make users’ eyes more comfortable.
- CRYORIG Frostbit: the first M.2 NVMe heatsink designed by CRYORIG can draw more airflow and effectively address the waste heat issue of M.2 equipment components.
All the winning products are on display at the Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center Hall 1 (Light Gallery, 4th floor) during COMPUTEX 2018. Later, they will travel on a display tour to major ICT shows around the world to demonstrate the outstanding innovative power of the global high-tech sector.
Check out the photo gallery of the winners below: