Qualys, Inc. today announced Qualys Community Edition, a free cloud-based service giving small organizations unified visibility of their own or their clients’ IT and web assets, and the ability to easily assess security and compliance postures using the accuracy and reliability of the Qualys Cloud Platform. Qualys Community Edition allows users to leverage the power of the Qualys Cloud Platform which performs billions of scans annually with Six Sigma accuracy to automatically gather and analyze security and compliance data from hybrid IT environments. This accurate and immediate visibility helps organizations around the globe maintain a higher level of security and provide auditors with trusted compliance reports while consolidating their stack and drastically reducing costs.
“The increased attack surface in this digital era makes security and compliance a key element of any thriving business,” said Philippe Courtot, chairman and CEO, Qualys, Inc. “Harnessing the power of the Qualys Cloud Platform, we built the Qualys Community Edition to give organizations including SMBs, consultants and MSPs an easy and comprehensive solution to identify their IT assets and continuously assess their security posture, helping build a solid and secure IT environment without the hassle and costs of deploying point solutions.”
Additionally, Qualys Community Edition delivers both Qualys CloudView and CertView capabilities integrated with the service, providing the ability to identify all public cloud assets and resources and to manage and grade all internet-facing digital certificates. “After using several popular vulnerability scanning solutions, we chose the Qualys Cloud Platform for its breadth of different services, ease of reporting, and flexibility,” said Jerry Hughes, Managing Partner, VP of Operations, Sr. Executive IT Auditor, Compass IT Compliance. “We look forward to growing our business in partnership with Qualys and leveraging continuously added solutions such as the Qualys Community Edition.”
Qualys Community Edition features:
- Simple Deployment: As a cloud-based service, deployment requires no hardware maintenance nor commitment to on-premises devices. Users avoid the need to update vulnerability signatures or bear the cost of any hardware.
- Trusted and Reliable Scanning Platform: The Qualys Cloud Platform performs more than 3 billion vulnerability scans per year and exceeds Six Sigma accuracy (99.99966%). This level of reliability creates a foundation for strong security and reliable compliance.
- Comprehensive KnowledgeBase Detection for Vulnerability Management and Web Application Scanning: Users can conduct complete vulnerability assessments for tens of thousands of detections spanning hybrid IT environments and includes the latest OWASP Top 10 Application Security Risks.
- Powerful Search Capabilities: An elastic search-powered backend, AssetView, that collects asset inventory by leveraging network scanners, then indexes them for instant visibility and fast searches.
- Secure Configuration Assessment: Allows organizations to assess, report and remediate security-related configuration issues leveraging latest CIS security benchmarks.
- Easy and Flexible Reporting: Ability to generate reports and assess results quickly and effortlessly.
Qualys Community Edition will be available at the end of July. It includes unlimited scanning of up to 16 internal IP assets, three external IP assets and one web application URL. Users receive one virtual appliance for scanning non-public facing assets.