PFU (EMEA) Limited, a subsidiary of Fujitsu Ltd, today announced the launch of the fi-7300NX, a new image scanner that provides flexible, cost-effective network capture for organisations with distributed user groups and scanning needs. The latest model in the fi Series line-up includes PaperStream NX Manager, brand new server-side software designed to centralise management and reduce operation costs.
“The shift from PC-based systems to environments using smart devices and thin clients has resulted in the growth of cloud usage in business applications and consequently more decentralised working environments,” explains Mike Nelson, Senior Vice President, PFU (EMEA) Limited. “As a result, we’ve developed the fi-7300NX and supporting PaperStream NX Manager software to suit the evolving needs of today’s businesses. The device can operate without being connected to a local computer, users can simply log in via NFC authentication and select a personalised job from a menu. We’ve also ensured it assists in making businesses more efficient, by decreasing installation and operation costs.”
- Scan without the computer: Documents can be scanned and saved without any requirement for a local computer. Users can simply login into the scanner using NFC authentication or a username and password, and select from their personalised job menus on the fi-7300NX’s touch screen. Customised job menus are displayed after user authentication and ensure efficient and secure decentralised data entry for each user
- Scan from your smart device to any business platform: The new PaperStream NX Manager enables users to scan from mobile or web applications opened on smart devices or thin client terminals. Seamless integration into client systems enables the use of a variety of devices for scanning operations
- Flexible range of software solutions: The fi-7300NX offers users three software options designed to meet the needs of teams and businesses of all sizes:
- Paperstream IP NET: this updated driver enables simple integration of Paperstream Capture or Twain/ISIS PC based workflow applications over wired or wireless networks, it is perfect for small teams or businesses
- Paperstream NX Manager: allows company wide deployment of centrally administered document capture solutions without the need for local PC’s
- Paperstream NX Manager API’s : allow integration of fi-7300NX devices into third party applications including corporate IT landscape or ISV solutions to automate processes and save time
- Secure document capture: Individual user sign in means that the routing of scanned documents for downstream processing can be strictly controlled and secured by policy
Reduced Operating Costs
- Manage jobs and process images with PaperStream NX Manager: PaperStream NX Manager carries out user authentication, job management, image processing of scanned data, and data output for the fi-7300NX. It also enables automatic sharing of authentication methods and job settings to up to 1,000 fi-7300NX scanners
- Monitor scanner operations with Scanner Central Admin: Scanner Central Admin specialises in centralised management of multiple scanners, including batch updates of scanner settings and firmware, as well as error tracking and consumables status on up to 1,000 scanners per server. Improved effectiveness from one centrally administered system means less local upgrades and maintenance and therefore reduced cost
- 3 inch touch screen: The helpful touch screen enables users to intuitively perform operations such as scanning and verifying data as thumbnails. The screen also displays messages or instructions with illustrations to provide guidance to users
- Enables flexible working: The fi-7300NX comes with the flexibility of multiple set-up options using a conventional USB or network connection to a PC or a network connection to a central server allowing users to select the best configuration for their business
- Consistent, high-speed scanning: The fi-7300NX scans at a speed of 60 ppm/120 ipm for A4 size documents. Documents folded in half and carbon-copy sales slips can also be easily scanned with Manual Feed Mode
The product is available for a price of €1295.
The company also announced the launch of the ScanSnap iX1500, a new personal document scanner designed to offer businesses, home users and small teams, the smarter way to work. The latest model in the ScanSnap line comes with one touch technology enabling users to carry out pre-programmed scans with the touch of a button.
The iX1500 combines smart technology and intuitive design that promotes collaboration, revolutionises personal productivity, and lets users focus on what really matters. It turns the old way of scanning on its head; instead of scanning a document and choosing what you want to do with it each time, now, after your first simple set-up, one-touch does it all.
The iX1500 stays true to the ScanSnap brand proposition of improving personal productivity – helping people to automate time-consuming tasks with market-leading technology that has simplicity at its core. This approach has seen ScanSnap sell over 4 million units.
“New technologies have had a profound impact on the way we work, supporting small businesses and consumers in the changing office environment,” explains Mike Nelson, Senior Vice President, PFU (EMEA) Limited. “Fast, always-on computing has increased demand for technology that is simple, collaborative and enables users to take control and focus on getting things done. The iX1500 has been designed to help small businesses and individual users find a smarter way to work. From the easy-to-use touchscreen to the intuitive software that automatically sorts and processes documents, the ScanSnap iX1500 helps to make paper work.”