Samsung Gulf Electronics today unveiled a new series of flagship lineup in the UAE: Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy 20 Ultra that is built for the future of communication, transforming the way we capture and experience our world around us. The Samsung Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy S20 Ultra feature unprecedented 5G and AI camera technologies. Also showcased, Galaxy Z Flip is a new, statement-making foldable smartphone designed for those who see cutting-edge technology as a way to express themselves.
With 5G, a new decade of mobile innovation is beginning. To harness this new generation of connectivity, Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy S20 Ultra come equipped with the latest 5G technology to power new mobile experiences. The Galaxy S20 series introduces a brand-new camera architecture that combines AI with Samsung’s largest image sensor yet for stunning image quality. Along with the camera, the Galaxy S20 makes the experience of everything we love to do with our phones, easier and better—enjoy personalized music for every moment of the day, watch videos the way they are meant to be seen and play console-style games on-the-go.
“The new Samsung Galaxy S20 Series raises the bar of next-generation smartphone devices, giving consumers, a new and exciting way to experience the world around them. Samsung has been committed to bringing cutting-edge technology and we are excited to stay true to that commitment with our Galaxy S20 lineup,” said Osman Albora, Head of Mobile Division at Samsung Gulf Electronics. “With the introduction of next-generation devices with 5G connectivity, Samsung will be able to transform people’s lives and enable them to connect more seamlessly.”
Designed for the way we live, the Galaxy S20 introduces an entirely new camera system—powered by AI and with our biggest image sensor yet—to bring out the best in every image and every moment.
- Details in Stunning Clarity: With a larger image sensor available on the Galaxy S20 series, camera resolution is significantly increased, for more detailed images with added flexibility for editing, cropping, and zooming. Galaxy S20 and S20+ have a 64MP camera. Galaxy S20 Ultra has a 108MP camera, which means you can now pinch in for details you’d never have seen before. Another benefit is that the larger sensors take in more light, so you get rich image quality even in low light situations.
- Groundbreaking Zoom Capability: With the Galaxy S20’s Space Zoom technology that uses a combination of Hybrid Optic Zoom and Super-Resolution Zoom, which includes AI-powered digital zoom, even when you are far away you can zoom in close. Use up to 30X zoom on the Galaxy S20 and S20+, or step-up to the revolutionary folded lenses on the S20 Ultra, which uses AI-powered, multi-image processing to reduce quality loss at high zoom levels so that users can experience Super-Resolution Zoom up to 100X Space Zoom with a clearer view ever than before.
- Single Take, Multiple Possibilities: Single Take lets you stay in the moment, while you capture the moment. Thanks to its AI camera technologies, the Galaxy S20 can capture a number of photos and videos in one click, such as Live focus, cropped, Ultra Wide and more that captures your moment the best and recommend the best shot
- Pro-Grade Filming Capability: The Galaxy S20 offers stunning 8K video shooting, so users can capture their world in true-to-life color and quality. When you are done shooting, stream your video to a Samsung QLED 8K TV and enjoy its best-in-class viewing experience or grab a still from an 8K video and turn it into a high-res photo. And, even the bumpiest videos look like they were shot using an action cam, thanks to Super Steady and its anti-rolling stabilization and AI motion analysis.
The most secure device Samsung has ever made, the Galaxy S20 is protected by Knox—the industry-leading mobile security platform that protects the device from the chip level through to the software level. The Galaxy S20 also features a new, secure processor that protects against hardware-based attacks.
Powered by a big, intelligent battery, the Galaxy S20 series comes with a 25W fast charger, while the S20 Ultra supports 45W Super Fast charging as well. The entire series is equipped with massive storage as standard (128GB for S20; 128GB and 512GB for Galaxy S20+ and S20 Ultra).
With Galaxy S20, you can also experience Samsung’s cleanest, simplest, most intuitive interface yet with One UI 2. You can also use the Galaxy S20 to control your smart home with SmartThings, achieve your health and wellness goals with Samsung Health, pay on the go with Samsung Pay, and more.
The Galaxy S20 series will be available in various colors across major stores in the UAE and online starting March 6th.
- Galaxy S20: Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, Cloud Pink
- Galaxy S20+: Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, Cosmic Black
- Galaxy S20 Ultra: Cosmic Grey, Cosmic Black
Prices for Galaxy S20 smartphones vary according to memory size:
|Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (512GB)||AED 5,299|
|Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (128GB)||AED 4,499|
|Galaxy S20+ 5G (512 GB)||AED 4,299|
|Galaxy S20+ 5G (128GB)||AED 3,799|
|Galaxy S20+ (128 GB)||AED 3,599|
|Galaxy S20 (128 GB)||AED 3,199|
Engineered with first-of-its-kind foldable glass, Galaxy Z Flip bends the laws of physics and features a 6.7-inch display that folds into a stylish and compact form factor that fits in the palm of your hand. Designed with an innovative Hideaway Hinge and custom-built UX, Galaxy Z Flip provides elegant new ways to capture, share and experience content. From its stylish design to its flexible camera experience, Galaxy Z Flip opens up a new decade of foldable mobile innovation.
“Galaxy Z Flip delivers a trendsetting style statement in a first-of-its-kind device that offers a convenient and versatile foldable experience,” said Osman Albora, Head of Mobile Division at Samsung Gulf Electronics. “We’re excited to showcase this product in the UAE market, and look forward to Galaxy Z Flip shaping the future of fashion through a unique combination of stellar technology and spectacular aesthetics.”
Galaxy Z Flip’s compact, stylish design is created for those who see technology as a way to express themselves. And all of the innovations that go into Galaxy Z Flip ensure they can do so.
- A style that Fits in Your Pocket – Designed for ultimate portability, Galaxy Z Flip folds into the size of a wallet, so you can easily fit it in your pocket or bag. When closed, it is a stylish, compact palm-sized device. When opened, its screen size nearly doubles to reveal a stunning 6.7-inch display. With its stylish color palette, sleek rounded corners and forward fold that closes with a satisfying snap, Galaxy Z Flip is sure to turn heads.
- Samsung’s First Foldable Glass Display – Galaxy Z Flip features an Infinity Flex Display with Samsung’s proprietary bendable Ultra-Thin Glass (UTG), making it slimmer with a sleek, premium look and feel that has never been seen with a foldable device before. The centered in-display camera cutout at the top also means there’s no notch and no distractions, with Samsung’s first-ever 21.9:9 ratio, so you can enjoy even more of your favorite content such as cinema-ratio 21:9 shows and movies.
- New Hideaway Hinge – Galaxy Z Flip’s Hideaway Hinge is a work of engineering art. It’s backed by a dual CAM mechanism – small but sophisticatedly designed to ensure every flip and fold is smooth and stable. Galaxy Z Flip can stay open at a range of angles, like a laptop screen. The Hideaway Hinge system also integrates Samsung’s new sweeper technology, which uses nylon fibers crafted by micro-height-cutting technology to repel dirt and dust.
The Galaxy Z Flip is available across major retailers in the UAE in Mirror Purple and Mirror Black for the price:
|Galaxy Z Flip||AED 5,499|