Power management company Eaton has announced the introduction of the second-generation of its Eaton 93E Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS). The Eaton 93E UPS offers high availability, energy efficiency, and a compact footprint for advanced power protection in for a variety of applications for small and medium-sized data centers, healthcare, industrial, and other mission-critical facilities at a lower Total Cost of Ownership. The range is now extended up to 500 kVA, with an internal maintenance bypass switch options for 100 to 500 kVA units. The range is offered with built-in factory fitted back feed protection systems compliant to the safety requirements of IEC 62040-1. The range is now offered from Eaton’s state of the art factory at Pondicherry in India.
Eaton 93E UPSs are designed to be practical and simple to use while providing a level of performance and the features required to protect mission-critical applications. The second generation of Eaton 93E UPS features a 3-level topology design and is amongst the most energy-efficient UPSs in their class, with up to 96.1% efficiency in double conversion mode and up to 99.3% in high-efficiency mode, which reduces power loss and enables high energy conservation.
“The 93E UPS series is designed to give practical and affordable power protection for ever-expanding loads and applications,” said Mr. Ashraf Yehia, Managing Director, Eaton Middle East. “With a power rating range from 15 to 500 kVA and improved efficiency for the second generation of 100-500 kVA range, it will appeal to a broad audience looking to modernize their electrical, IT and data center infrastructure.”
The Eaton 93E UPS includes several features that are unique to Eaton and designed to provide the highest possible availability for critical infrastructure. These include:
- Hot Sync, Eaton’s patented technology for load sharing between UPSs to increase capacity and redundancy, while eliminating any single point of failure in a parallel operating UPS system
- Advanced Battery Management (ABM), which enables intelligent charging to preserve and prolong the battery service life
- Eaton’s Intelligent Power Manager (IPM) software, which is used for remote monitoring and managing of the UPS as an integral part of the power and IT infrastructure
- Multilingual graphical LCD display to see quick and precise UPS status updates
- Cybersecurity certified network connectivity interface solutions.