Intel has expanded the 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processor lineup with the official launch of 12th Gen Intel Core P-series and U-series processors. Engineered for blazing performance and superior productivity, these 20 new mobile processors will power the next generation of thin-and-light laptops. The first devices will be available in March 2022 with more than 250 coming this year from Acer, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Lenovo, LG, MSI, NEC, Samsung, and others.
“Following our launch of the fastest mobile processor for gaming, we’re now expanding our 12th Gen Intel Core processor family to deliver a massive leap forward in performance for thin-and-light laptops. From the ultra-thin form factors to enthusiast-grade performance in a sleek design, we’re providing consumers and businesses with leadership performance and cutting-edge technologies,” said Chris Walker, Intel corporate vice president, and general manager of Mobility Client Platforms.
About 12th Gen Intel Core Mobile Processors: Like the rest of the 12th Gen family, Intel’s newest mobile processors for thin-and-light designs are based on Intel’s performance hybrid architecture featuring a combination of Performance-cores (P-cores) and Efficient-cores (E-cores). From video calls to web browsing to photo editing, workloads are intelligently placed on the right core at the right time for optimal multitasking with Intel Thread Director on Windows 11.
Taking full advantage of the performance per watt benefits of the Intel 7 process, new 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors for thin-and-light designs deliver:
- All-new core architecture with up to 14 cores (6 P-cores and 8 E-cores).
- Integrated Intel Iris Xe graphics with up to 96EU.
- Broad memory support for DDR5/LPDDR5 and DDR4/LPDDR4.
- Incredible scale with up to 70% faster multi-thread performance.
- Nearly 2x performance for 3D rendering – ideal for creators on the go.
- Superior productivity performance with up to 30% faster photo editing.
- Integrated Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) for improved wireless performance, responsiveness, and reliability.
- Thunderbolt 4 for the fastest, simplest, and most reliable cable solution to any dock, display, or accessory.
- Intel IPU 6.0 for high image quality and power efficiency for enhanced video conferencing.
About Intel Evo, Third Edition: Under the new third-edition specification, laptop designs seeking the Intel Evo badge will undergo the most intensive workloads to date, testing real-world conditions to ensure a superior video conferencing experience in addition to exceptional responsiveness, instant wake, real-world battery life, and fast charging. Intel Evo laptops with 12th Gen Intel Core are optimized for multitasking – all while maintaining great connectivity, image quality, and sound on a multi-person video call.
Through deep co-engineering efforts with 150 ecosystem partners, more than 100 Intel Evo verified systems are expected this year, with systems for the first time including foldable displays and designs with 12th Gen Intel Core H-series. Intel’s co-engineering and real-world testing expand to accessory partners this year through the Engineered for Intel Evo program. Expect additional Thunderbolt monitors, docks, storage, and Bluetooth headsets to join the powerful lineup of accessories already in the program from Poly, Anker, Kensington, Dell, HP, Belkin, Samsung, Sabrent, OWC, and others.