Forescout Technologies has unveiled the Forescout Continuum Platform, the industry’s first automated cybersecurity platform that continuously manages the risk posture of assets across an enterprise’s digital terrain, providing complete coverage of IT, OT, IoT, and IoMT devices. “Modern enterprises in all industries – from healthcare and government to manufacturing, financial services, transportation, and agriculture – are experiencing a constantly fluctuating environment. This change, including device lifecycle, applications, people, device decay, software failures, and acquisitions, drives misalignment with an organization’s security framework that creates a gap in security risk posture,” the company said.
“Organizations are dealing with a new level of complexity amidst rapid growth in cyber assets and increased cybersecurity threats and attacks,” said Wael Mohamed, chief executive officer of Forescout. “Forescout’s Continuum Platform is a powerhouse solution. In addition to automating cybersecurity actions, Forescout is the only solution that delivers visibility and automation across all types of assets – IT, OT, IoT, IoMT – which collectively represent the digital terrain of your organization.”
Forescout’s new Continuum Platform is a cloud-based system offering data-powered insights to decrease total cost-of-ownership while further accelerating real-time, continuous security automation. Continuum Platform maintains an organization’s security framework by automating the continuous discovery, assessment, and governance for complete coverage of cyber assets to mitigate risk and drive business automation and efficiency.
“The automation capabilities of the Forescout platform enable an efficient and effective system, one that can perform across the entire spectrum of activities and stay ahead of bad actors,” said Deepali Sathe, Senior Industry Analyst, Frost and Sullivan.
Forescout’s Continuum Platform adds new features that enable organizations to:
- incorporate multifactor, real-time risk analysis into automated governance actions, including dynamic network segmentation and access control decision-making leveraging individual asset criticality and risk scoring;
- gain complete visibility and governance of cyber assets in a work-from-anywhere model to extend discovery, assessment, and governance of assets everywhere,
- leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning to further enhance the automated classification of assets;
- collect highly distributed data by running sensors in local hardware and network infrastructure; and
- drive down administration costs through cloud-based user interfaces and easy-to-use programming interfaces for large-scale administrative tasks.
The Continuum Platform is an evolution of 20+ years of Forescout innovations that protect many of the world’s largest and most trusted organizations. The platform enhances customers’ security ecosystems with its bi-directional connectivity to dozens of third-party cybersecurity products, including vulnerability assessment, firewall, configuration management database, and more, to provide workflow automation and supplement Forescout’s native discovery, assessment, and governance capabilities.