Ahmed ElShrif, the Director at Kronos Middle East, speaks to Arabian Reseller about the workforce management solutions it offers on the market
Can you tell us about Kronos?
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000— and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
What type of workforce dimensions exist in this region?
Currently, there are no installations of Kronos Workforce Dimensions in the EMEA region except our beta and launching customers around the world. Kronos Workforce Dimensions was launched at the end of November during Kronos Works. At the moment Kronos is in sales cycle with multiple new and existing customers towards the adoption of Workforce Dimensions.
How can innovative technologies help regional governments to achieve their goals in terms of workforce and human resource development?
Regional governments can gain momentum with the adoption of new (HCM/WFM) technologies (like Kronos Workforce Dimensions) to increase effectiveness and efficiency of the work force. Especially AI will increase the efficiency of processes and red tape processes, like standard approval.
Is Artificial Intelligence beneficial for the better functioning of the society?
Absolutely! AI will/is an integrated component of each WFM process.
- Work your way to empower and engage the workforce, from anyplace on any device
- Work smarter by streamlining workforce management practices and providing insights for delivering better business outcome
- Work in a modern cloud that leverages new technologies and works seamlessly with existing system
What role will humans play when a wider application of Artificial Intelligence takes place?
Humans are still an important factor within AI. Based on the input of humans it will fill the algorithms and feed the machine learning. Artificial intelligence will drive smart, predictive solutions. Powerful algorithms will identify compliance risks in real time, and machine learning applications will dramatically improve forecast accuracy. And this will benefit the human and will provide a higher productivity of the workforce and higher/better engaged employees.
How important is employee satisfaction for the success of any organization?
Crucial to the success of any organisation. Without satisfied employees your will always two steps behind your competition. Engaged and satisfied employees are the difference between success and failure.
Satisfaction can be supported by:
- Automation of manager experience — Automation of the decision process originally completed by a manager or supervisor.
- Employee experience — Enhancing the employee experience including, but not limited to, scheduling flexibility and preferences, communications, learning, assessments, rewards and recognition, surveys, and collaboration.
- Flexible workforce — Support both employees and contingent workers on the same application.
- Virtual assistants (VAs) — A personable, semi-intelligent interface allowing users to interact with the application via bidirectional voice or text commands.
- New platforms — Applications built on cloud-first platforms with the latest architecture and more robust frameworks for developing and managing APIs
Can you tell us more about the KronosLive event? What are your key objectives for hosting this?
KronosLIVE is our yearly customer event, it’s the perfect way to get the latest Kronos news and network with like-minded professionals, industry experts and product specialists across a variety of activities that will engage and inspire. The event covers thought leadership and Kronos expert presentations throughout the day. Our target audience is existing customers in the region who we like to build and maintain relationships with.