Veeam Software has announced results from Q1 2018. In its 39th straight quarter of record bookings growth, Veeam delivered 21 percent growth year-over-year (YoY) in total bookings. With another 12,000 customers added to its current total of 294,000, and 58 percent YoY growth in named enterprise accounts, Veeam is on track to achieve its goal of becoming a $1B company in 2018.
“Our mission is to enable the enterprise to meet the expectations of a world that demands the Hyper-Availability of data by being the most trusted provider of Intelligent Data Management solutions,” said Peter McKay, Co-CEO and President of Veeam. “Today, with the complete Hyper-Availability Platform to protect any data, any app on any cloud, we are helping nearly 300,000 customers navigate the journey from the old world of periodic backups and white-knuckle recovery to a new world of self-learning data operating in an intelligently automated system that spans the hyper-extended enterprise.”
“This commitment to our customers is our engine of growth that will drive achieving our 2018 objective of $1B in total bookings,” continued McKay. “To accomplish our mission and our growth objectives, we’ve made significant investments in our engineering and development teams, expanded our marketing and branding, added additional programs and support initiatives to our partner programs, extended our alliance relationships and offerings, and increased our focus on the large enterprise. The outcome has been strong results in all geographies, with all reporting double-digit YoY total bookings growth for Q1. We are off to another great start for another record year, and I have complete confidence that our continued momentum, executive leadership, and our unique Hyper-Availability Platform will enable us to become the next billion-dollar software company this year.”
- New and existing Veeam customers have accelerated the adoption of Veeam Hyper-Availability Platform – the core component of Veeam’s most comprehensive data protection and data management solution with integrated agent management – enabling Veeam to protect any app, any data, across any cloud. More than 150,000 downloads have been reported of the most recent version of Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 Update 3 since its release in December 2017.
- With 294,000 customers, representing more than 16.3 million VMs protected with Veeam Availability solutions, Veeam continues to average 4,000 new customers each month. New Veeam customers include Pernod Ricard Hong Kong Limited, ING Belgium, SKY Italia, Landmark Information Group, Equinix, Unipres Mexicana, HireRight, Ameritas, Termomecanica and Follett LLC.
- Veeam’s strategic alliances continue to gain momentum as total bookings driven through Alliance partnerships grew by triple-digits YoY. Veeam and HPE joint opportunities have increased by 148 percent YoY fueled by Veeam joining the HPE Complete Program, enabling customers to purchase complete HPE and Veeam solutions directly from HPE and its resellers. Now on the Cisco Global Price list, Veeam and Cisco deals have grown 299 percent quarter over quarter for Q1’2018. Veeam was also added to the NetApp Global Price List, which will further its foothold in enterprise accounts.
- The Veeam Cloud & Service Provider (VCSP) program continues its positive growth trajectory with 38 percent annual growth. The number of VMs protected using Veeam-powered solutions grew 36 percent YoY, demonstrating increased confidence in Veeam being the best multi-cloud intelligent data management platform. Continuing to drive growth in the market, Veeam now has more than 3,200 partners providing BaaS and DRaaS using Veeam Cloud Connect.
- Veeam made its first acquisition in 10 years when it acquired N2WS, the leading provider of cloud-native Enterprise backup and disaster recovery for Amazon Web Services (AWS), in an all-cash deal. The acquisition strengthens Veeam as the leading provider of Availability for any app, any data, across any cloud, and its ability to protect AWS deployments.
- High growth and increased contribution from subscription products have shown dramatic momentum. Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 subscription sales increased more than 3,000 percent YoY in Q1. More than 29,000 organizations, representing 2.7 million Microsoft Office 365 mailboxes, have now downloaded Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to protect their data. Veeam Availability Suite version 9.5 Update 3 enables Veeam Backup & Replication to deploy and manage Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux (Veeam Agents) to protect physical, non-virtualized servers and endpoints as well as any public cloud workloads. Agents subscription sales have increased more than 1,000 percent YoY.
- With more than 3,200 employees all around the world, Veeam continues to strengthen its team of talent, including expanding internal roles within the company. ESG principal analyst, Jason Buffington, recently joined the Veeam Product Strategy team as Senior Director. Buffington will evangelize thought leadership at key industry events, establish and maintain executive relationships with Veeam’s most strategic enterprise accounts, and communicate our long-term vision and strategy within the industry. Buffington has worked among the leaders and disruptors of the data protection industry for nearly 30 years, covering data protection, data preservation, data management, and data availability. Ken MacAskill has been promoted to Veeam CFO. He joined Veeam in 2017 to lead the GTM Operations team. MacAskill has been leading finance organizations as CFO for 20 years with extensive experience working with high growth and venture-based businesses
Registration is now open for VeeamON 2018, the premier conference for Intelligent Data Management, which will take place May 14 – 16, 2018, in Chicago, IL. Nearly 10,000 customers, partners and influencers attended VeeamON 2017 in New Orleans, LA, and the regional VeeamON Forum events held all around the world.