Linksys has today announced the availability of its latest addition to the Linksys family of Velop Whole Home WiFi Mesh Systems, the new Velop Dual-Band Mesh WiFi System. The new Velop Dual-Band Series is a smaller and more affordable WiFi System that is designed and built as the world’s first entry-level flexible WiFi System.
It also provides all the same powerful software features found in the Velop Tri-Band offerings including Intelligent Mesh, advanced parental controls, website blocking, Amazon Alexa compatibility, as well as ease of use and set up with the Linksys App but in a smaller form factor with Dual-Band technology at a more affordable price.
“Velop is now the most flexible whole home mesh WiFi system on the market,” said Justin Doucette, senior director of product management at Linksys. “We have a Velop offering that fits any home or the small business environment as well as options for different broadband service packages to deliver the best WiFi experience for all the devices on the network. Our new Velop Dual-Band provides the price for performance that customers are looking for plus all the intelligent software and security features that continue to be updated for real-time access to the latest enhancements.”
“Whole Home Wi-Fi Systems have rapidly become popular in the Middle East and the appetite for this continues to grow. As the UAE evolves into a smart and super connected country, we want to bring this evolution to the consumers’ home and business. This revolutionary series of Whole Home Wi-fi System allows consumers to get the best of their broadband subscription while enjoying the enhanced speed, performance, and connectivity at every corner of their home or workplace,” said Amanullah Khan, Managing Director, Linksys, Middle East, Turkey and Africa. “Veolp Dual Band is the perfect product for a UAE household as it meets the networking requirements of the connected family at an affordable cost.”
Linksys is expanding its Velop family to include a Dual-Band modular mesh WiFi system, (available in 1-pack, 2-pack and 3-pack options) that can be installed in various mesh configurations to support any type of home, floorplan or WiFi footprint. Velop is compatible with any ISP modem or gateway. Both Dual-Band and Tri-Band nodes are 100% interoperable and interchangeable and allow for easy upgradability based on a customers’ need.
Velop Dual-Band nodes are designed for performance as well as elegance; they stand about two inches shorter than the Velop Tri-Band solution and small enough to be placed anywhere with a clean and attractive look that appeals to everyone – which is unique to the mesh category of solutions for the home. Also coming soon (planned for June) is a Velop Wall Mount to put Velop in high locations on the wall or remove from shelves for a clutter-free environment.
The nodes work together as a WiFi system to provide reliable wireless connectivity throughout the home. Each Velop “node” is a powerful Dual-Band AC1300 device that can act as a parent node or client node to deliver WiFi all around the home while providing future-proof technology customers need as they bring new and more devices into the home. Individual nodes may be connected wirelessly or by Ethernet for the fastest, most reliable connection. This is an ultra-simple and powerful system that uses only one WiFi network name and password to give users seamless and highly secure WiFi.
Khan added, “Linksys continues to delight customers with new software advancements in Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi Systems that enhance security, performance and ease of use. Velop helps users get the most out of their broadband subscription by delivering 100% of their speed to the edge of their network.
Velop is a union of high performing hardware, intelligent software, simple to use App, and cloud service features. This combination provides users with a solution that will future proof their home network for years to come.
Key benefits include:
- Powerful Dual-Band Technology–Each Velop node is a Dual-Band AC 2×2 802.11ac Wave 2 with MU-MIMO radio configuration with combined speed up to 1300 Mbps.
- True Modular Mesh Design – Each node is built to connect with each other over WiFi or wired Ethernet or combination of the two for best performance. They auto-configure to connect in multiple different mesh topologies.
- Intelligent Mesh Technology – Intelligent Mesh™ Technology is aimed at simplifying Wi-Fi networking and optimizes end-to-end performance. The Velop system adapts to a user’s WiFi needs. It self-heals and optimizes to consistently deliver fast, flawless WiFi everywhere in the home.
- Velop Dual-Band and Tri-Band are interoperable – Velop is the most flexible WiFi system which users can simply select a Velop system based on size of their home, internet service package or smart home readiness. Velop users can use both the Tri-Band and Dual-Band versions on the same network. Adding a Dual-Band node to an existing Tri-Band mesh network is an affordable way to extend coverage.
- Easy App-Led Setup – Linksys App-based set-up makes it easier than ever to setup and manages a network.
- Patent-Pending Spot Finder Technology – The placement of each node is critical to establish a reliable connection. During setup, Velop will recommend the best place to reduce latency, maximize throughput and improve range and signal strength.
- Velop works with Amazon Alexa – Velop includes custom Amazon Alexa “skills” that can turn the guest network on/off and read back the credentials of both the main and guest networks
- Automatic Updates – With automatic software updates, Velop will always remain up-to-date and highly secure without having to update hardware. Velop will automatically monitor for updates and apply new software that unlocks new features, a resolution to security vulnerabilities, and improved performance as they become available.
- Superior Warranty and Support – Velop comes with a 3-year warranty and support
The Linksys Velop Dual-Band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (available in 1-pack, 2-pack and 3-pack) will be available in all major retail and online stores in early June 2018. The Linksys Velop Dual-Band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (1-Pack) WHW0101 will cost AED 499. The Linksys Velop Dual-Band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (2-Pack) WHW0102 will cost AED 899. The Linksys Velop Dual-Band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (3-Pack) WHW0103 will cost AED 1199.