HP has introduced the HP Elite Dragonfly, which is the lightest compact business convertible laptop from the company. The laptop, which is a sub-one-kilogram ultralight premium PC, is designed to push work and life boundaries for mobile business professionals. Artfully crafted to stand out in a distinct Dragonfly blue, designed to be powerful, and hardened with security, the HP Elite Dragonfly ushers in a new era of mobility. Commenting on the launch, George Rouppas, Head of Personal Systems Category at HP Inc. Middle East, Saudi Arabia & Turkey said, “The way people work, live and play is changing significantly. People are no longer bound to their desks and this means they need equipment that supports this lifestyle. Business professionals need to be mobile, move fast and freely to increase efficiency and productivity. With this in mind, we designed the HP Elite Dragonfly to make a bold, personal statement. A PC should provide freedom, adapt, and transform how and where today’s business professionals work, thus at HP we are constantly trying to reinvent how technology empowers the workforce.” Additionally, the HP Elite Dragonfly is the company’s first notebook to include ocean-bound plastics. Its speaker enclosure component is made with 50 percent post-consumer recycled plastic including 5 percent ocean-bound plastics. To date, HP has sourced over one million pounds – or more than 35 million plastic bottles or more than 450 metric tonnes – of ocean-bound plastics from Haiti for its products. To ensure their ocean-bound plastics efforts continue to scale, HP has committed to including ocean-bound plastic material in all new HP Elite and HP Pro desktop and notebook computers launching in 2020. Noting that consumers in the UAE are growing increasingly aware of the environmental impacts of the products they are buying, he added: “Sustainability and the creation of a circular economy are hugely important to us. Be it through partnerships with local charities, such as Dubai Cares through which we support educational projects while recycling HP ink cartridges or through the introduction of new products such as the HP Elite Dragonfly, we continue to reinforce our commitment to HP’s global sustainability agenda. The smart choices we are making about the plastic elements in devices play a crucial role in achieving those goals globally.” Beyond the sustainability aspects, the HP Elite Dragonfly features the below: Light and durable:
- A light compact business convertible at under one-kilogram, precision-crafted from CNC-machined Magnesium for durability in a commanding, iridescent Dragonfly Blue.
- Say goodbye to clicking sounds with a redesigned ultra-lightweight quiet and backlit keyboard and a new lightweight touchpad for ultra-smooth working experience.
- Offers the world’s highest screen to body ratio in a 13-inch business convertible at almost 86% and instantly transforms from tablet to PC.
- Verified to the target specification and key experiences of Intel’s “Project Athena” innovation program.
- Experience best-for-business performance with an 8th Gen Intel Core vPro processor.
- Wi-Fi 6 offers up to three times faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5 for higher performance in high-density environments.
- HP Sure Sense defends against malware attacks on mobile workers using the power of artificial intelligence.
- HP Sure Recover with Embedded Reimaging gets users back up and running fast— anytime, anywhere.
- HP Sure View Gen3, HP’s award-winning integrated privacy screen, and HP Privacy Camera helps users control what is shared with the world.